ASIK-ASIK FALLS: The burgeoning tourism of Alamada, North Cotabato

Discovered by accident.

 Asik-Asik falls were uncovered way back in 2010 by the military during their clearing operation on the site, and for some said it has emerged from natural calamities. Whatever it is, Asik-Asik falls is one-of-a-kind waterfalls, truly unique and mysterious in their own beauty.


Asik-Asik falls means "sprinkle-sprinkle", is a natural wonder situated on a forest of Sitio Dulao small village in Upper Dado, Alamada, North Cotabato. It is a 140-meter stretch ravine with mysterious emitting waters through lush curtain-like greenery, sprouting waters heights up to 60 meters high, without any water source on top of its mountain itself.

My Tour to Asik-Asik falls
September 2019, it was my first time joining a travel group; I joined Cagayan de Oro based 'LAAG TA BAI' trip, where their route is to visit Asik-Asik and Daday falls of North Cotabato.

It took 7 hours of travel to reach this simple town, hinterland, and respectful locals who were so welcoming. Luckily we're the first group at the moment we arrived, as time and sun goes up the tourists have also risen steadily.


 So, we ate breakfast and descended to the falls. My eager mind was excited to bathe on its waters! 
I lead the pack to allay my shyness bit by bit.

Stairway to Heaven and Hell
The local government established a path going to the falls, mixed of steel and stone stairs up to 1500 uneven steps. Intense cold, wandering fogs gives a chill to my skin but the stairs ahead of me made my knees colder.

The beauty of joining a travel group is often to find new friends, they call it travel-buddies. 'didto tas mga gwapa una'  where I met Ann and Eva ahead of me and soon my photographers too.

I did not count those steps but it took us a while to reach the river bed, it was a very tiring downhill. I am already thinking about uphill too, what more energy could it be?

Asik-Asik Falls
From afar I already heard roaring sounds of the river and some noises from the other sides of the slopes. Trailing the river leads to this view. WOW! Stunning sight beholds me with white influent lines through its greenery fences.
Standing still while staring at water-sprinkles how it gazes, so majestic! 
Shot by Kim Pabilona, while a butterfly behind my back 

And more shots closer to its cascades, cold waters absorbed while it trembles to my bones. Some said that water sprout produces alkaline waters. I tasted it, have no idea what it tastes like either.

The more closer I am, the more it looks marvelous. I shivered with pleasure.



I savor the moment, seized everything, every angle has already taken. I took the opportunity while it lasts
My new friends, the true meaning of traveling

And lastly the energetic group.  Love it!

AND WE WENT BACK UPSTAIRS! 
Fortunately, we're ahead of time before the flock of tourists arises. Where there are already a lot of visitors and a pile of parked vehicles from different places, waiting to go down. 


Parting thoughts
So that's it, folks! That was my unprecedented bond to a tour and also my first wander in the Province of North Cotabato. It was a notable journey and full of learning experiences.
It is not how it started but how it ends, it creates so many possibilities. It gave me time to explore myself for having unique acquaintances -- filled with happiness, joyous moments, and the energy from the group. The beauty of traveling is a way to find pleasure in something you don't commonly do.





Comments