MAT-I TWIN FALLS: THE HIDDEN BEAUTY OF CLAVERIA, MISAMIS ORIENTAL

I stood still, facing this majestic grandeur.
 Is my journey worthy? That I almost fell to my knees through its grueling feat. It leaves me speechless, my heart is leaping gaze on the waterfalls gracefully, adorn with incessant mist that kisses my lips and bathes me. The beauty to cherish on a tiring trek, that will always leave me in awe.
 

 
 This twofold mighty plunge is an adventure-packed thrilling destinationit involves a lot of daring experiences and feats along the trail.

And some unexpected dwellers will welcome you to their abode. 

About Mat-I twin falls
 Katubhan falls & Mat-i falls or also known as MAT-I TWIN FALLS is the rarest twin waterfall situated on a deep ravine of Brgy. Mat-i, Claveria, Misamis Oriental in Mindanao. It consists of two majestic falls joining forces into one massive stream. 

 The first is Katubhan falls with an approximate 70-meter stupendous plunge on a towering plateau.




The second is Mat-i falls is a two-tier cascading waterfall that sits on a unique staircase gorge. 


And each of its falls has its own pockets, perfect for basking under its respective plunge.

Other Waterfalls
Aside from the twin waterfalls, the trails also have many significant gifts with few random waterfalls uniquely emerging from the ravines. The local guide said it will only come out during rainy seasons and we're lucky to spot some of those.





What to expect?
The trail going to the falls is composed of different phases: muddy trail, extreme descent/ascent, and river trekking. If you are coming with a fainted heart, I will not recommend visiting this fall. 





What to bring?
1. A good pair of hiking shoes. The trails are mixed with dry and wet passage because you'll be hiking through wet grasslands, climbing cliffs, and rivers to trek.
2. Water, Snacks, or your food for the whole adventure. It is a long and tiring trek be sure to bring your food and water along the trail. 
3.  Wear proper hiking attire. Wear appropriate and comfortable clothes. 
4. Drybag. 
5. Courage
and lastly, bring your friends, family, or whom you can share your experiences with. 




How to get to MAT-I Twin falls?
1. The quaint town of Claveria is located in the highlands of east Misamis Oriental. One-hour to two travel time from Cagayan de Oro via Public buses, Vans, or much better your own vehicle. For Busses ride at Agora Bus terminal, bound for Butuan with the specific Villanueva-Claveria-Gingoog route.

2. Alight at the new Municipal hall to meet your guide.

3. Coordinate with Claveria tourism and contact Kokongbear (09059610895) as your local guide. Guide fee is 800 pesos for 10 pax. (Make an appointment prior to your scheduled visit)

4. From Poblacion, hire a habalhabal or any tricabs going to Brgy. Mat-I; almost an hour travel time. The estimated fare is 50 pesos. 

5. Prepare yourself for two to three hours of arduous trek. 


Final Thoughts
For the last two years, my heart was waving to all waterfalls, I was always in awe. There's something in every waterfall. I can not deny that I am a fall sucker--where water is, it's where my heart falls. Visiting this fall is always a blessing. I'd visited twice and I want to go back here anytime. Is my journey worthy? YES, it's a big YES. Nothing beats finding your happiness in the wilderness.



 

Comments

  1. Proud mat-ihanon๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment